Raising Saints in the Digital Age is a workshop designed to highlight best practices for Catholics living in the digital age. Among these ways are:
– Reflect the light of Christ with your online presence
– Empower parents and teens to maintain online safety
– Create an environment that supports your faith life
This site is intended to provide resources for all of us trying to grow closer to Christ as we communicate in this digital age.
Parish/school leader materials are designed for leading the workshop: “Raising Saints in the Digital Age.” Please contact Teresa Peterson at 407-246-4811 or via email at email@example.com in order to receive the PowerPoint and session outline for use in your parish or school.
- Faith and Safety Website created by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Raising Saints Handout
- Media Mindfulness Chart
- The Media Mindfulness Chart is designed to help individuals become aware of both the ‘wheat and the weeds’ (Matthew 13:24-30) they encounter in consuming and creating social media. Use the questions found on this tool to consider what aligns with our gospel values, and what does not.
- Your Faith and Cyberspace This is a statement from the USCCB (2000) on faith and digital technology.
- Gospel Values – Media Values Comparison This handout lists the values that Catholics view as a priority. They are based on the Beattitudes and the Fruits of the Spirit found in Sacred Scripture. It also lists the values that are often found in modern media.
- Workshop Survey This survey is intended to be used by parents and children so they gain greater understanding of how each one uses social media in their lives.